Today is January 31, last day of January, 2018. The first month of 2018 is over. Although I have never been able to follow up on any monthly series I started in the past, I am giving another try. So at the end of every month, I will write an “In a Nutshell” post, briefly describing my progress in whatever I did that month.
In A Nutshell: January 2018
Last year I published one post per week. And when I was on vacation I lost out on 6 of such weekly posts. At the start of January, I decided to catch up on those 6 posts this month. 4 weekly posts from January and 6 leftover posts sum to a total of 10 posts. This post completes my 10 posts goal for January. Now I can go back to one post per week from February. Maybe I will try to go for 2 posts per week, but that’s subjective to the time I have in that week.
Experiments in Kitchen
I setup the page Experiments in Kitchen which gives a brief introduction to what I am doing in this series and also the posts published so far. This month I published two posts:
Next post in this series will be up by the end of this week.
I finished three books in January.
I wrote my reviews on two of them: The stranger and The Unseen World. The Stranger went a bit over my head. It requires a second and a third read for me to fully comprehend what the author was trying to convey through this book. But, there was no such problem with “The Unseen World“, I totally loved it. And I enjoyed Brain on Fire. It is a very interesting and informative memoir. Hope to catch up on its review soon in February.
I was nominated for three awards this month. I wrote about two of them and will write about the third probably next week. Here are the links to those awards and the bloggers who nominated me. Thanks once again.
- One Lovely Blog Award, nominated by Loretta @ LaughingListener
- The Sunshine Blogger Award, nominated by Meagen @ QuibblesAndScribbles
- The Entertainer Blogger Award, nominated by Kim @ KeepItMindful
Some other posts that I published this month which don’t fall into any of the above categories:
- 2018 Reading Challenges – I signed up for GoodReads Reading Challenge 2018 and 2018 AudioBook Challenge.
- Little Delights in 2017 – I wrote about my happy memories and achievements from 2017.
- Leave Me A Link and I’ll Share Your Page!! – Reblog of the post with the same title from Dray @ Dream Big, Dream Often
A lot of firsts happened this month when it comes to blog stats.
- I reached 200 followers on WordPress. Yay! Thank you all for following, liking and commenting.
- For the first time, since Delightfull Discoveries creation, I got 1000 views in a month. The highest views in a day ie 81 was on January 25, 2018. It might not be an achievement for a lot, but it is a big one for me. I mean 1000 views in a month from mere 200 a month, that’s good progress.
Delightfull Discoveries App
For those of you who follow me, might know by now that I am working on an Android App. The app is actually based on this blog. I am updating the progress of the app on my other blog. If you like you can head over to DD Application Daily Progress, to see the updates. Since I started the development in the middle of January, I have dedicatedly worked five days on the app. But I am hoping to finish the first version by the end of February.
I am on Day 26 of Yoga with Adrienne’s TRUE: 30 Day Yoga Journey. I should have been on Day 28, but missed two days in between. Missing a day or two is okay, as long as I come back to it.
This sums up January for me. What have you been up to this January? Have you written a post like this? Leave a link to that post in the comments. I would love to read them.