It happens more than often that the book I want to read is not available at the library. Then I end up on Goodreads app going through my to-read lists or searching for reviews on a title I just saw on the shelf. It becomes a bit frustrating when I don’t have much time to spend in the library.
Therefore I decided to list out all the books here which I want to read to make my life easier. Next time I am in the library, I just have to check the titles from this list and search which are available.
I will keep on updating this post as I add new books to my to read list.
Let’s start with these two books which I selected from the suggestions given by Austin in his post. I found their summaries interesting.
The next books I added were from this post by Stephanie. There are other books also mentioned in the post, but these are the ones that I want to read.
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy #2) by Hilary Mantel
- The Mirror and the Light (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy #3) by Hilary Mantel
These books are on my list because I have read other books by the same author.
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
Let’s see when I start on any one of these. I am currently listening to “The Secret History” by Donna Tart. Right now I feel, it would have been better to read the book myself instead of listening to the audiobook for this one. Anyways, since I have started, I will finish its audiobook.
Which of these have you read? Share your views on them.
Do you have any suggestions for me that I can add to this list?