Last day, we had enough of pancakes, so the big question I faced, what to do with the leftover batter. Pancakes recipe can be found here.
This morning while making tea, I saw muffin tray resting in a corner of the kitchen counter. Voila! I got an idea to bake Banana Muffins!
Banana MuffinsPrint This
- Banana Pancake Batter
- Take the batter out of the refrigerator. Add 2-4 tbsp sugar according to how sweet you would like them. Mix well.
- Grease the muffin tray with some oil, then sprinkle some all-purpose flour (maida) over it. Spread it evenly using either a brush or your finger.
- Next, pour the batter into each muffin cup. Remember to fill it just 3/4 of the size. You may sprinkle some chocolate morsels(optional) over it to get some chocolaty flavor.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F/200 C.
- Carefully put the muffin tray in the oven for 15 minutes. Do not open the oven before that to peak into it, else the muffins might dip. If you open the oven in between, its temperature decreases, which in turn affects the baking.
- After 15 minutes, switch off the oven and take out the muffin tray, leave it for next 2 minutes to cool.
- Take them out gently, use a butter knife to the edges, make sure it doesn’t cut into the muffins.
Alternatively, muffins can be cooked in microwave using a Coffee Cup-
- Grease the cup with oil, sprinkle some flour (maida) over it. Spread it evenly using either a brush or your finger.
- Pour the batter into cup, till 3/4 level
- Set microwave to its highest setting, Place the cup inside for two minutes.
- Test it by piercing with a knife in between slightly, if the batter still sticks to it, place it again for one minute.
- Let it cool, and take the jumbo muffin out after 2 minutes.
You can also use ramekins instead of the muffin tray. Muffins last for two days, so make the quantity you can consume within that period.
The result was mouthwatering, delectable, fingerlickingly good banana muffins. We poured some chocolate sauce over it, just to add more to the deliciousness.
Batter inside the muffin tray